Top Up TV – latest products, boxes, deals & offers
What is Top Up TV?
Top Up TV is an alternative to the usual free Freeview channels, and pay-for satellite and cable TV services. You get to enjoy high quality TV programmes, but you don’t get tied into a long contract. Choose 1, 2 or 3 Top Up TV packages – Top Up TV Anytime, PictureBox for films, and Setanta Sports 1.
To watch Top Up TV, you will need a Top Up TV+ Box – this is a digital TV recorder (DTR). There is no installation to worry about and you don’t need a satellite dish or cable. With the Top Up TV+ Box you get all the Freeview channels, and a maximum of 180 hours of recording space, plus you can:
• record two programmes at the same time
• record a whole series at the touch of a button
• build up your own library of favourite programmes
• view the easy to use programme guide
• pause, rewind and record live TV
The Top Up TV programme packages are:
Top Up TV Anytime: You get up to 600 TV programmes, specially selected by Top Up TV and downloaded each month to your Top Up TV+ Box. It includes programmes from pay-for channels MTV, LIVING, UKTV Gold, Paramount Comedy and Hallmark Channel. There are 150 new programmes to view at any one time, PLUS all the usual Freeview channels. Enjoy kids programmes, lifestyle and entertainment programmes, news, documentaries and sport. There is a 30 day cancellation notice period for Top Up TV Anytime.
PictureBox: Enjoy premium movies with PictureBox. Movies are downloaded to your Top Up TV+ Box – there are seven films to enjoy at any one time. And just like a DVD, you can pause, fast forward and rewind. There is a 30 day cancellation notice period for PictureBox.
Setanta Sports: Top sports action from Setanta Sports 1. This Setanta Sports channel currently broadcasts between Midday and 3am, seven days a week. Sports available on Setanta Sports 1 include:
• 46 Barclays Premier League matches
• 60 Clydesdale Bank Premier League matches
• IPL Twenty20 Cricket.
• Boxing from the US and UK
• The Community Shield
• US PGA Golf
• UFC action
• 2010 World Cup Qualifers
However please note that viewing times and available programming may change.
How much does Top Up TV cost?
• 250GB Box with 180 hours of recording space: around £99.99 – with FREE one month of Top Up TV Anytime package; also option to receive Setanta Sports 1 FREE for 9 months, which needs £20 one-off payment for viewing card (offers end 31/12/08).
• 160GB Box with 120 hours of recording space: around £89.99 - with FREE one month of Top Up TV Anytime package; also option to receive Setanta Sports 1 FREE for 9 months, which needs £20 one-off payment for viewing card (offers end 31/12/08).
The Top Up TV packages cost:
How do I get Top Up TV?
Once you have bought your Top Up TV+ box, contact Top Up TV with the CAN number for your Top Up TV+ box (found on the underside of your Top Up TV DTR, on your Top Up TV DTR packaging and on the screen HELP menu) and your bank details – to receive your Setanta Sports 1 for 9 months and a FREE month of Top Up TV’s favourite programmes from its Top Up TV Anytime service.
Please note, an aerial upgrade may be required to receive digital TV channels through your aerial. Reception is subject to coverage (you can check if you are in a Freeview coverage area). Top Up TV may reserve up to 15% of your hard disc space for content and services. Top Up TV is a carbon neutral company.